Friday, March 13, 2009

Fashion- The movie..

Here's my take on the movie which I have been wanting to see in a loooong time. Fashion is a movie for which Priyanka Chopra won best actress and Kangana Ranaut- best supporting actress at the filmfare awards this time around. I am not a person who generally reviews a movie and blogs about it as you can see.
Why "fashion"? The answer I would say would be because of two reasons:
1. I admire priyanka chopra..:) and this is definitely a movie where she definitely is the "showstopper" as they call it in the movie.
2. The movie teaches a lot about life in general if you dont just take it as a movie related to fashion industry.

The whole movie revolves around the life of a middle class girl who dreams big.. Even I am like that though my dreams maybe in a different direction than becoming the next top model. Actually i dont think there was much meaning to the first half of the film other than that if you have a fast rise to fame it is soon to come down.So be careful where your attitude turns into arrogance you never know when all of it can bite back.

The one thing I learned from this film is that in this race called life,if you fall you have to get up and run again because its the only way you will succeed. But her freezing on the ramp taught something else too.. When you get up after a fall the first few steps might just make u trip again. But don't let that get you down. Push yourself.. And success will come eventually.. But what you lose might be much more than what you imagined you would lose.. Most places I have read/seen it says you fail get up and try again. It is expected that you will succeed the next time around. But not all need to be successful in their very next trial. Sometimes this trial might be even worse than anything before but it is a phase and you just have to let it pass. Somehow having faced failures more now than before all of this seems to make sense to me.

A final word on fashion.. It is a worth watch movie if you don't just want to see an just an entertainer. Wont say a must watch unless you are a die hard fan of piggy chops.

And another thing i learned is drink water instead of vodka if ever you are depressed.[:P] also say no to cigarettes and coke..[:D]

7 comments:

Hari said...

First comment... YIPEE!!!

I'm yet to see Fashion. Reading this movie makes me even more desperate too... cause I too am a hardcore fan of Priyanka.

"And another thing i learned is drink water instead of vodka if ever you are depressed.[:P] also say no to cigarettes and coke..[:D]"
Point taken! Hope more movies spread the msg

Unknown said...

Second Comment ... Yippie!

I love Water!!

Did you think of blogging about the movie even before we talked yesterday? You listed the two points the vodka line just as you told me. :-D

Sindhya said...

@hari.. do watch the movie.. n there was a bigger point than the vodka part..[:P]

@akky.. blogged after v chatted.. i put in almost the same things i talked abt yday..

Abhi said...

Nice post. I'd done a review of the movie just after i saw it on the day it released. I was quite moved by some scenes in the movie, especially the transformation of Priyanka from a Small town i-don't-know-girl to know-it-all hip girl from the Metro.

And another thing i learned is drink water instead of vodka if ever you are depressed.[:P] also say no to cigarettes and coke..[:D]

I'd like to disagree on that :)

Shocky said...

cooooooooool........go on in life dear...may more success come to u

Unknown said...

Nice review ;) .

And another thing i learned is drink water instead of vodka if ever you are depressed.[:P] also say no to cigarettes and coke..[:D]

I strongly support Abhi chettan on vodka part ;) plus , As intellects Proclaim >> Conserve Water.. Drink beer :D

Sindhya said...

@abhi and sanoop.. thanks and i will change the post if someday I feel otherwise abt vodka[:D] Haven't tried it yet[:P]
@muni.. thanks