Friday, June 12, 2009

The final day

Though alarm tried its level best to wake me up since 5.30am.. It never could and I finally woke up at 6.30am..Got up thinking of the dream I had and praying to God that no untoward incidents happen all day and my microwave lab should go well.. .. After all its the official final day of college..

Feeling a little unsure of how I am going to do today.. I went and asked my mom if I'l do well today.. Its kind of like a reassurance for me when she says,"Yes, you'l do well." Well seems like I was not going to get that assurance today.. Mom started grumbling about how I am gona do well if I dont study.. Felt really depressed and I ran off to my room.. Well depression can only be compensated by one thing for me.. My "vaashi" as it is called in malayalam.. Somehow when mom said I wont do well.. The only thing I wanted was exactly the opposite.. Half way through my studies I came down to check something.. And poor mom was feeling bad she said that way and was trying her level best to make it upto me.. That is my mom!!

After my final preps I had my breakfast and got ready to go to college.. I had everything neatly set for the day.. I almost always do..[People who have been in my room during IV might this] I like everything organised except my room.. Somehow I could never keep it organised which I still feel is one of the worst habits of mine.. My dress was pressed and kept.. and of course since its the final day.. How can I not end with a red dress..[People who know me might be chuckling if they read this.] After packing everything neatly, the record hall ticket etc that I had to take into the lab was in a cover and my books and stuff to read were in my bag I started my car.. Hoping its the final journey to college for examination.. Unless the university thinks otherwise.. Prayed again to God that the day should go well..

On reaching college, I found that the parking lot was more or less empty even though it was 9.15am.. My slot for exam was form 11-1.. Taking a deep breath.. I walked towards the front of IT lab.. Many of my IT friends were sitting there and studying.. Exchanges of all the best and best of lucks, I walk down the steps to the front of the lab.. Cant seem to find my classmates.. But saw one of my best friends Ms.A[she is in IT and not in my class] sitting and studying for her course viva in front of ec lab.. When I was talking to her I noticed my classmates, the first batchers for microwave lab studying something.. It was elementary to think all the other classmates of mine would be there.. Waiting two minutes there trying to decide what to study, I saw my best friend Ms.R studying and Ms. V was just walking in.. Tried studying something sitting there.. But no luck.. I am easily distracted by my friends and their antics.. After the usual exchange of teases between me and Ms.V, we both went to the front of the lab.. By the time all my close friends had reached.. Discussion started about the farewell today.. We all just somehow wanted to get into the laboratory and finish off.. Somehow we all had reached the conclusion that the first chance the teachers ask us to get in we will..

Finally Remya teacher did ask us to get ready.. Within a few minutes we got in.. It was according to roll number.. I was the 5th to go in, in my batch.. I was asked to find out if the fibre was multimode or single mode.. Had a small idea of what the answer is and got the output in around 10 minutes then tied my paper and was sitting ready for my viva.. Somehow even that went off without too many problems.. And got out at around 11.30..
The relief I had when the exam got over was beyond words.. Plans for the evening was set and I started back for home after an hour.. As always my car was full.. Somehow I love it when everyone comes with me.. Its a nice feeling when everyone is together.. Today it wasn't the usual set of people.. It was Ms. A1,Ms.A2, Ms. M, Ms.S. Till PMG everyone talked and the adieus was till party time.. [:D] My final journey back to home from an examination..

Reached home and called dad.. By this time the feeling had sunk in that my examinations are over.. I started my dancing around.. Made my mom also dance with me.. [:D] Soon enough lunch was ready and mom and me sat down to eat.. I switched on the TV to watch animax.. Maria watches over us-Printemps was going on.. Even in that some of the 3rd year students were leaving their school Lilian.. Something that was said in that anime struck a chord and I decided to blog, "These three years were the best years in my life". Looking back


These four years were the best years in my life!

5 comments:

Amal Bose said...

u seem rather fine going to ur college for the last time..
ive got one more year, still im worried of that day when id have to say goodbye to my friends..

good luck with your results..
take care :-)

Quest said...

I am missing college life...

Terribly :(

Hari said...

The final exam... *sigh*

Why didn't you mention that you did well for the exam? :P

I'm going to miss you BADLY chechi!! :(( Donno how I'm goanna spend the remaining year in college without you! :(

All the best! :-D

(Wanted to comment first, but couldn't, damn! :( Damn my hopeless PC!! )

TIME TO BLOG ! ! ! ! said...

:)

TIME TO BLOG ! ! ! ! said...

good to see people fighting to comment 1st.. :P