Friday, August 08, 2008

My experiments with cooking

Past two days I have occupied the kitchen much more than usual.. Sudden urge to cook something special..

These are the things which i made:
1.Carrot Halwa
2.Paneer lifafa(modified version of original)
3.Steamed egg
4.Banana Halwa

Carrot halwa was good. I had my cousin bro to act as a guinea pig for me. I asked him today if he was ok after eating my cooking and his reply was in the positive..[:D] Spirited by my success yesterday I made paneer roti lifafa(menu courtesy sanjay kapoor) Well lifafa was good if you subtract the fact that i think sanjay kapoor meant something else[:D] but what i made was edible and i liked it.. Along with this i tried my hand at steamed egg. No i dont mean hard boiled egg. This again was courtesy sanjay kapoor's web[:)] only problem was the egg turned out to be half boiled.. and i really couldnt digest much of it. Today's menu was banana halwa.. Turns out tat its very simple. But if you do it according to what is given in the recipe you will end up with too much ghee in the halwa which a lot of south indians may not prefer. One good thing about banana halwa is that it can be made for bananas that are too ripe. Most people would throw ripe bananas out so why not make something out of it[:)]
Tonight plans are for making something with rice.. [:D]

Note: For all those who are thinking of whether this is the first thing i have made think again. I like cooking. Not an expert at it but i wouldn't say i am too bad..[:)]
Also if anyone has tried cooking something else and think its good give me the recipe i want to try[:)]

7 comments:

Hari said...

Nice that you took up cooking sis... And I must admit you've already done pretty-good! I LOVED that Carrot Halwa!! Your would-be husband's one lucky guy! :D

Mmmm... My mouth's already started watering at the thought of the halwa! :P When am I goanna get my next scoop as the Infy 'treat'? :D

Abhi said...

I'll say someone is preparing for her marriage. First getting two jobs, now practising cooking. Wow! Way to go. Some pics from th digicam would've helped me judge better. :)

Hari said...

@ Abhi:
Correction, chetta. She got 3 jobs,not 2! :P

And yea... we want pics!! :-)

Sindhya said...

@hari.. hehe..you had them na.. now y do you need pics?[:D]
@abhi.. hehe thanks.. not preparing for marriage.. i like cooking.. usually experiment only with puddings and stuff.. this is the first time i made halwa[:D] oh n my marriage would be a loooooooooooooong time later[:P] i have some more stuff to complete b4 i go to my in-laws place.. at least whoever they are let them live in peace for now.. especially my would be[:D]
n ya true i should have taken pics dint think abt it[:(] nyways next time il upload pic too[:)]

M said...

Mmmmm... Nice, yaar.. I love cooking too.. :) Last time i tried to make a cake, but it turned out to be a crunchy biscuit (or something of tha sort).. :(

TIME TO BLOG ! ! ! ! said...

o boy :D that carrot halwa and banana halwa wer really tasty :D . and am lucky to have beeen able to be among the very few who laid there hands on it :D..mmmmmmmmm it really was mouthwatering . by the way :P next time u make sure tasty edibles do make double the quantity so that i can have my big share [:D]

Sindhya said...

@midhili:hehe i hav done tat too[:D] it wasnt completely cruchy but kinda[:P]

@notimetoblog.. ya sure il make more.. Wont give you a bigger share coz too much ghee is bad[:D]