Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Somethings in life...:)

Its 9am.. Just finished my breakfast.. Time to leave for college.. First hour free.. No point going early.. But ya dad has to go to office after dropping me.. According to him we are late..

"I dont want to go to college now, no use other than 'kathiadi'..." Thought to myself.. "Not in a mood for talking..."

I get my bag and get in the car... Still in a very contemplative mood I lower the window thinking... The day is gona be boring... Dad gets into the driver's seat and well next thing i know we are at YMR junction(near my house)... Dunno if i even said a bye to mom..

Time to take out my mobile and sms some friends.. Did that with very little enthusiasm than i usual...(oh and for all those who dont know i love smsing) Something struck and i told dad that i think the diesel is low in the car.. Yes, it was.. when dad gave me the car the day before it was near empty and he asked me not to refill.. Dad checks the fuel indicator and asks me if i would mind being a little late to college... Ya like i would mind.. I love driving and also enjoy road trips.. So, detour...to my relief... to the petrol pump at kowdiar.... Wherever we where going i didnt mind coz i wanted to go to college only just before 2nd hour.. Got that done.. and we are on our way to college via vellayambalam,lms, PMG..

A guy sitting in front of the public library caught my eye... No.. Not coz he was good looking or anything... He was sitting with a sheet in front of him which had a lot of watches... There were a lot of people going to him to show their watch.. I looked at the scene and smiled... He is sitting on the footpath doing his job when most shops wouldnt b open...And the fact that he makes a living out of it was even more surprising to me...Time is so important to all of us.. Without a watch most people cant survive a day, including me.. I look at my watch almost every 10mins.. If the class/whatever event I am in is boring it'l be more frequent...:) bad habit i know..:)

Before I could think further i saw another guy.. He was walking around talking on the mobile.. Very happy.. My guess either he was talking to his boss who offered him a raise or he was talking to his gf or wife or gf while his wife was away..:D Anyways his happiness did make me happy... and also made me think about the object in my hand.. Yes.. my mob.. What would i do without it.... Cant imagine the time when i didnt have a mob..

Ok my mob isnt hifi or anything.. Jus basic features.. Nokia 1112... I send arnd 50-100smes(thank God its 10ps) and talk for more than anyone can imagine.... My faithful set and my vodafone connection:) Had it not been for my mobile i would have lost touch with most of my friends.. even may not have been this close to the people who have definitely made my life rocking...:)

How life's influenced by these two things definitely had my thoughts hooked on... Watch is beyond doubt needed as its compact and there is no restriction as to where you carry it to.. be it a exam hall... or a religious place... or a tight security area... Everything is timed... the watch tells you when to do what... Mobile well i don't think i'l need to explain... But what interests me is the fact that we all take the fact that our watch or fone would be working the next day.. One day without either would drive me(and i can say most ppl) nuts.. Yet we all still never think too much about it... :)


Cest la vie!!

4 comments:

Hari said...

Whoa. That was arbit-blogging redefined!! :-) Great attempt! :D

Your superb narrative left me spellbound till the second last para... I thought something mind-bogglingly-unpredictable would happen to those two random, unconnected guys. (I was almost biting my nails, mind-you!) But suddenly, you spoiled the broth... :P Could've made it a tad more livelier with an alternate ending!

"One day without either would drive me(and i can say most ppl) nuts..."
True! But, you can live with just your mobile, coz it doubles as a watch! ;-)

Anonymous said...

synthia,
first time that i am reading ur blog...ur immediate neighbour...this was a good post...

thanks for some of the lifts i've got from u. its so interesting that u find traveling such an interesting thing - a keen observer! keep it up!

keep blogging...infact life without mobiles is possible.i feel u otta try it once.then comes the real pleasure in keepin relationships going!

Abhi said...

Good narrative, felt good to see something in ur dew drops after a long time:)

Unknown said...

Ithu vaayichu vaayichu urangi poyi ...
ah, ...
Asamayathanallo post cheyyane :D

Gripping narrative. There are few blog posts I read till the end; this one somehow I did.

*sigh*